Table of contents1. The Origin of Turkish Apple Tea Recipe?
2. Turkish Apple Tea Recipe - How to Brew
3. The Bottom Line
The Origin Of Turkish Apple Tea Recipe?
In Turkey, there's this everyone’s favorite pastime drink called 'Elma Cayi' – it's fruit-infused tea. It popped up around the early 20th century, but we're not exactly sure when. Locals and tourists love it because it's caffeine-free and full of fruity goodness, making it a refreshing and rejuvenating drink.
Turkish Apple Tea Recipe - How to Brew?
Turkish apple spice tea can be made in two ways. Both versions will be shared, the first is for those with enough time to prepare it traditionally, buying the perfect ingredients, and being perfect with the measuring and preparation.
The second version, it's ideal for people like me who have a messy home, need to get things done quickly, but need a complete taste that's made by a professional tea maker, expect the tea's ingredients to be organic and natural without added sugar, and who are in a hurry.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Category: Healthy Tea Beverage
Cooking Method: Turkish-style
- 3 whole apples (with the peel), thinly sliced (or 1/4 cup of dried apples)
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- Black teabag or 2 spoon of black tea leaves
- 1 lemon slice (with the peel), if desired
- 5 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of honey, if desired
- Bring to a boil and add black tea leaves or tea bags.
- Combine all ingredients except honey in a saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the tea into a teapot, gently pressing on apples to extract all the juice.
- If desired, sweeten with honey, but add it only after removing it from heat.
- Serve hot in glasses or cups.
- If using tangy apples, skip the lemon, but add it for extra tanginess.
- Never cook honey directly in the saucepan; add it to the hot tea after removing it from the heat.
- Store leftover tea, strained, in an airtight jar in the fridge for a few days. Reheat before serving.
The Bottom Line
Don't forget to add your creativity to this classic Turkish apple tea, a tasty delight with the added benefits of apple cinnamon tea.
It is time for me to brew some flavorful apple tea by just dipping the apple cinnamon black tea pyramid teabags in my hot water and what about you?