Are you looking for a healthy and versatile beverage that can provide a natural energy boost and a variety of health benefits? This unique and delicious type of green tea has been consumed for centuries in Japan and is now gaining popularity around the world.
But what makes matcha so special? Unlike traditional green tea, which is consumed by steeping tea leaves in hot water and then discarding them, matcha is consumed in its entirety, which means that you are getting all of the nutrients and antioxidants from the tea leaves.
In this blog post, we will explore the many benefits of matcha, including how it can be used in a variety of ways to boost your health and well-being. Whether you drink it as a latte, blend it into a smoothie, or use it as an ingredient in baking, matcha is a versatile and delicious drink that can provide a range of benefits for your mind and body.
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a type of green tea that is made from finely ground green tea leaves. The tea plants used to make matcha are grown in the shade for several weeks before harvesting, which increases the chlorophyll content and gives the leaves a darker green color.
After harvesting, the leaves are steamed, dried, and then ground into a fine powder using traditional stone mills. Matcha has a distinctively rich and earthy flavor and is known for its high concentration of antioxidants and caffeine. It is commonly used in Japanese tea ceremonies and is also popular in drinks and desserts.
Why Matcha for summer?
In summer, many people look for refreshing and hydrating drinks that can help them stay cool and energized in the heat. Matcha is a great option for summer because it can be served iced or blended with fruit, making it a refreshing and delicious way to stay hydrated.
Matcha is also known for its high concentration of antioxidants, which can help to protect the body from damage caused by UV rays and other environmental stressors that can be more prevalent during the summer months.
Additionally, the small amount of caffeine in matcha can provide a natural energy boost without the crash that can be associated with sugary or highly caffeinated drinks.
Overall, matcha is a healthy and refreshing option for summer that can provide a variety of benefits for the body and mind.
What are the benefits of matcha with strawberries?
Matcha and strawberries are a great combination that offers a variety of health benefits.
- Antioxidant-rich: Both matcha and strawberries are rich in antioxidants, which can help to protect the body from damage caused by free radicals and oxidative stress. Antioxidants can also help to reduce inflammation and promote healthy aging.
- Boosts energy: Matcha contains a small amount of caffeine, which can provide a natural energy boost without the jitters that can be associated with coffee or energy drinks. This makes it a great option for a mid-day pick-me-up. Strawberries are also a good source of natural energy due to their natural sugars.
- Aids digestion: Matcha contains compounds called catechins, which can help to support healthy digestion and aid in the absorption of nutrients from food. Strawberries are also high in fiber, which can help to promote digestive regularity and reduce constipation.
- Supports immune function: Both matcha and strawberries are high in vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant that can help to support healthy immune function and protect the body from illness. Vitamin C also helps to boost collagen production, which is essential for healthy skin and connective tissue.
- Promotes healthy skin: Matcha and strawberries are both rich in antioxidants and other nutrients that can help to promote healthy skin and protect it from damage caused by UV rays and other environmental stressors. Matcha is also known for its ability to reduce inflammation, which can help to reduce the appearance of acne, redness, and other skin irritations.
Strawberry Matcha Latte Recipe- Summer Treat
- 1 tsp Matcha powder
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2-3 fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 tsp honey or agave nectar (optional)
- Ice cubes
- In a cup, mix the matcha powder and hot water until smooth.
- Add the chopped strawberries to the matcha mixture and mash them with a fork or muddler.
- Add honey or agave nectar to taste, if desired.
- Fill a separate glass with ice cubes.
- Heat the almond milk in a small saucepan or microwave until hot, but not boiling.
- Pour the hot milk into the matcha mixture and whisk until frothy and well combined.
- Pour the matcha mixture over the ice cubes into the glass.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your strawberry matcha latte!
What does this recipe taste like?
The Matcha provides a rich and earthy taste, while the strawberries add a sweet and slightly tart note. The almond milk (or milk of choice) provides a creamy and nutty flavor, which complements the Matcha and strawberries well.
If you add honey or agave nectar to the latte, it can provide a subtle sweetness to balance out the other flavors. Overall, a strawberry matcha latte can be a refreshing and flavorful drink that is perfect for summer or any time of the year.
TRY and TAG #Teanirurecipes
Get Exclusive 20% offer on Strawberry Matcha Latte