The earth is more than 4.54 billion years old and humans have been around for about 2 million years. In our short time on the planet, we have managed to cause irreversible damage to the point where we are exploring options on other planets for our survival. Instead of looking for options outside, how can we save our home with the things that were offered to us by our ancestors?
Humanity has done enough damage to the earth and it is high time we start thinking of ways to give back and restore order back in nature. Opting for a vegan way of lifestyle may be one of the ways in which we can do it. Living one with nature is the best way forward to save this precious planet.
When we look at the history of human beings, one thing that is evident is how they relied on plants, herbs, and roots that were available to them at hand. They were strong, healthy, and lived for a long time. Why don't we also opt for it? In this blog, we will see how choosing to go vegan is beneficial for you and our planet.
What is Veganism?
In its most basic sense, veganism is abstaining from consuming all forms of animals and animal by-products. It is an ethical commitment and a moral stance that aims to live in harmony with other non-human animals and reduce the harm we inflict on them. Some opt for a plant-based diet to avoid all meat and dairy products. Others avoid purchasing everyday products that contain animal byproducts or are tested on animals. This lifestyle choice removes animals from the food supply, clothing, entertainment, products, and labor force.
Why is veganism important?
The Earth’s resources are depleting at an alarming rate and it is up to us to do everything we possibly can to save our planet. The animal agriculture industry is responsible for 14.5% to 16.5% of the global greenhouse gas and is estimated to account for almost half of the world’s emissions budget for 1.5C by 2030.
The agricultural sector is estimated to be responsible for 80 percent of global deforestation. A large portion of the crops harvested are used as feed for the farmed animals and are turned into pastures for the animals in the meat and dairy industry. Large-scale land clearing has also resulted in the loss of biodiversity and the extinction of some species.
How a vegan diet improves your health:
Going vegan is proven to be extremely beneficial for your body. Some of the benefits are:
- With a plant-based diet, you avoid the toxins found in the meat while adding good proteins, fiber, and antioxidants to your body.
- Your hormones will be balanced since cow's milk contains estrogen, cortisol, testosterone, progesterone, and other hormones which can grow your hormones off-balance and cause insulin issues, mood swings, and even cancer growth.
- Since plant foods are high in antioxidants, they can help prevent damage to cells and reduce inflammation.
- A plant-based diet can also help restore certain neurotransmitters involved in depression thereby boosting your mood.
- Vegan diets are associated with lower levels of cholesterol and so you can eliminate all bad cholesterol from your body.
- You can also reduce the risk of chronic diseases and improve your overall health.
- Your skin will glow naturally since dairy and meat are made of chemicals that are known to exacerbate acne, psoriasis, rosacea, and eczema.
Why Teaniru’s products are all vegan
Our wellness community was built out of a desire to go back to our older ways of living with nature and using the goodness of nature’s bountiful gifts to create teas that will help you with your overall wellness and health. In this regard, we have made sure to create products that are 100% natural and vegan. The raw materials used by Teaniru teas are sourced in an ethical manner and processed in such a way that they retain their original flavors and health benefits.
Our Promise at Teaniru:
Our initial desire is now a promise to continue in this endeavor to bring to your hands only nature’s best. With our commitment to you, we promise to revive the age-old formulas that our ancestors painstakingly came up with and adapt them to our current taste styles.
Humanity has done enough damage to the earth and it is high time we start thinking of ways to give back. With a simple step you would be able to bring in a bigger change to our community. Start your wellness journey today and give your two cents to creating a sustainable environment. It is never too late to change our lifestyle and opt for a better and brighter tomorrow.